If your roof leaks in heavy rain you’ll need an expert roofing company to assess the problem, and provide you with a free roof repair estimate. Here at Chester roofers, we pride ourselves on being able to quickly find the reason for your leak and give you a quick no obligation roof repair quote.
How to stop a roof leak in the rain?
Usually, a leak is caused by a broken tile or a missing tile causing water to flow into the roof causing all sorts of damage and problems.
How to fix a leaking roof from the inside?
If you can access the inside of the roof safely from the loft it may be possible to make a temporary roof repair or at least take steps to stop any major damage to your ceilings: (always be careful when walking on an unboarded loft)
- Clear back any roof insulation, sponge and dry any standing water leaking from the roof.
- Put a piece of wood across the ceiling joists and place a bucket on the wood to catch the drips.
- Never put a bucket directly on the ceiling plasterboard as when the bucket fills and gets heavy the ceiling won’t be able to hold the weight and could collapse.
- This will stop any further damage to the inside of your property.
- Don’t forget to empty the bucket regularly!
Give Chester roofers a call, let us know the problem and we’ll come out at a time that’s convenient for you to quote and repair your leaking roof.
How do you repair a roof leak?
To repair your leak we’ll get onto your roof and determine where your roof is leaking from. Once we’ve found the problem, which could be anything from a broken tile to a chimney problem we’ll tell you what the problem is, what needs to be done to fix a roof leak and a price for the job.
Flat roof leak repair
Unfortunately, flat roofs are notoriously bad for leaking. Take a look at our dedicated flat roof repair page to see the flat roof services we offer at Chester roofers.
How much does roof leak repair cost?
If we just need to replace a few broken or missing tiles and access is easy, it is likely to be less than £100. (Chester UK 2017)
If a more substantial roof repair is needed or you need a new roof we’d price up the job based on materials used, labour and whether we need to use scaffolding to get access